Sometimes general rants, sometimes specific rants. Sometimes pants. You spins the wheel, you takes yer chance!

Friday, November 16, 2007

The beginning of the end

Last night we had the work Christmas party, as is now a mid-November tradition. Today we say goodbye to half of the people in the office. The heads here are a combination of sad faces at leaving, and pretty bad hangovers. I took it very easy, because of a small soirée on Wednesday night that turned into a full-blown session (don’t even pretend to register surprise at that, it’s ok, we all knew it would happen), yesterday I was in bad shape, and very tired. This eve we will have a bye-bye tipple, and then I head to the sticks for a bit of detox.

We’ve been so spoiled…it’s only when I read people’s farewell emails that I realise how we took it all for granted. How often can you say that the people you work with are also some of your best friends? I don’t think I’ve dreaded even one day here, and the bit of bad crap that came along was a tiny percentage compared to the ton of happy memories I have of the job and the people.

I finish up work on 31st January. I’m only just beginning to deal with that fact, and trying not to get too blue about it. I’m not good with endings…

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Evenewra said...

Where are you working now?

2:34 a.m.

 
Blogger Allie said...

I've nothing lined up yet, but I stay in my current job until the end of January.

2:22 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home