Sometimes general rants, sometimes specific rants. Sometimes pants. You spins the wheel, you takes yer chance!

Monday, October 10, 2005

Oy oy oy

Ack, need to update this more often. The Autumn feeling about the place is making my brain think of hibernation, I reckon. Mmm, hibernation…. Wake me up for Christmas…

Sib 2 is recovering after being beaten up last Friday night, not too much damage done, thank God. A gash on the head, a fat lip, and a bruised ego, mainly. I’m not sure which is more disturbing, that this is happening pretty much every night on the streets of Dublin, or that a lot of the time, it happens for no reason at all. He wasn’t mugged, he didn’t provoke them, all they wanted to do was beat somebody up. Scumbags. And once again, my opinion of the Gardaí takes a plunge – two of them walked past him, saw the blood on his face, and turned away. Just add them to the list of cops that shrug their shoulders, steal evidence, intimidate people and take their number off their shoulder before they beat the crap out of someone in a holding cell. Modern Ireland, eh?

On a happier note, I turn one year older this week. Oh wait, that’s not happy, that’s more crap!

Look at this. Makes me think about each minute, instead of counting the years.

http://www.humanclock.com/clock.php

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Evenewra said...

1. Hey, did you get that humanclock from my site?

2. Happy birthday!!!!!!

3. Yucko for assholes beating up your cousin. How awful! Where was he? Is he ok?

4. Autumn usually makes me think of my semester in Dublin... going there was one of the most important choices I've ever made. Whenever I want to feel strong and independent and brave I remember my time there. I remember on my second day being homesick and getting on a bus to see how far I could go to visit for the least amount of money. (Ended up in Galway for a night.) Growing up now and almost 30 and don't have the liberty for that kind of thing anymore. Are you turning 30 too? Dare I ask?

2:40 a.m.

 
Blogger Allie said...

1. Negatory, a friend of mine sent it to me. Pretty cool, I thought. The site, I mean, not that I actually got email.

2. Thank you!

3. It was actually my youngest brother that was beaten up, but apparently I'm not allowed say "beaten up", he was "jumped and then gave back as good as he got plus interest". It's as much a PR disaster for him as anything else.

4. Dare away! I turned 28 on Saturday. I'm not sure if it was the pain of being one year older, or the massive hangover I had, but I didn't feel all that hot for half of the day. Second half was fun though.

4:26 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh. I totally found yer bleedin blog! hee hee. that was fun.. unless it's linked somwhere really obvious.. ehm.. yeah.. tis cool, enjoyed seein ya over yer Birthday. Sorry about lack of present etc. Enjoy the trip! Eebs.

4:37 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and may I add: Fuckers. Hate to hear about people being beat up in Dublin, really gotta be careful out there.

4:38 p.m.

 
Blogger Allie said...

You found me, you scoundrel! Cheers for the comments.

11:00 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home