Sometimes general rants, sometimes specific rants. Sometimes pants. You spins the wheel, you takes yer chance!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pride 2006 - Once more, with feeling

Still recovering from Pride weekend 2006. You’d think that as the years passed and I got older, I would maybe get wiser. Not so much. After a lot of hand-wringing about whether or not I would go out at all, I ended up hitting the town in style, right after work. Gubu, Shelly’s, the airport (to pick up Karen), the airport bar, back to a pub in town, the girls night in Temple Bar Music Centre, then finally home close to feckin’ dawn. Was not in great shape the following morning, but dragged myself over to Shelly’s like a good spud. After a shaky (my hands, mainly) start, I had a great time at the parade, the party afterwards was cool, then we got grub and went back to Gubu. Stupid hair of the dog!

So, in summary, parade good, hangover bad; rainbows good, rain bad; beer good, 7.5% proof mixed fruit cider bad; Berocca good, Alka Seltzer bad; lazy Sunday good, Monday morning bad. Simple really…

(photo courtesy of cb)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home